Sanghar Sugar Mills Limited’s notice of extraordinary general meeting
Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on Friday October 21, 2011 at 10:30 a.m. at Beach Luxury, M.T. Khan Road, Karachi for circulation amongst your members.
Sanghar Sugar Mills Limited
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the members of Sanghar Sugar Mills Limited will be held on Friday October 21, 2011 at 10:30 a.m. at Beach Luxury, M.T. Khan Road, Karachi to transact the following business.
1. To confirm the minutes of last Annual General Meeting held on January 31, 2011.
2. To elect eight Directors of the Company as fixed by the Board of Directors in its meeting held on July 25, 2011 for a period of three years commencing from November 4, 2011 in accordance with the provision of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The names of the retiring Directors are (1) Haji Khuda Bux Rajar (2) Mr. Jam Mitha Khan (3) Mr. Ghulam Dastagir Rajar (4) Mr. Gul Mohammad (5) Mr. Mohammad Aslam (6) Mr. Qazi Shamsuddin (7) Mr. Shahid Aziz (NIT Nominee) and (8) Mr. Irshad Husain (NIT Nominee). The retiring Directors are eligible for re-election.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from October 14 to October. 21, 2011 (both days inclusive)
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as proxy to attend and vote for him/her behalf. The complete proxy form must be received at the Registered Office of the Company 101-First Floor, Ocean Centre, Talpur Road, Karachi, at least 40 hours before the time of the meeting.
3. Any individual beneficial owner of CDC, entitled to vote at this meeting must bring his/her original Computerized National Identity Card with him/her to prove his/her identity, and in case of proxy, a copy of shareholders attested Computerized National Identity Card must be attached with the proxy form. Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual documents as required for such purpose.
4. Any member seeking to contest the election as Director of the Company should file with the Company Secretary, his/her intention to offer himself/herself along with the -consent and Declaration under the provisions of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 and, the Code of Corporate Governance, not later than 14 days before the date of the meeting.
5. Members are requested to notify the Company’s Share Registrar if there is any change in the registered address.
6. Members, who have not yet submitted attested copy of their Computerized National Identity Card to the Company, are requested to send at the earliest to comply the requirement.
For more information, contact:
Sanghar Sugar Mills Limited
101 – 1st Floor,
Ocean Centre, Taipur Road,
Karachi – Pakistan
Fax: 021 32410700