Japan Power Generation Limited’s extension in time for holding the annual general meeting for the year ended June 30, 2011
Karachi: We have applied to the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan for extension of time for holding our Annual General Meeting for the year ended June 30, 2011 up to November 30, 2011 i.e. for one month. A copy of the application filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan is enclosed for your information and record.
As soon as the permission from Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan is received, we will immediately approach your office along with copy of SECP’s approval for allowing extension of time as allowed by the SECP along with requisite extension fee as required under the Listing Regulations of the Exchange.
Application for Extension in Period for holding Annual General Meeting U/S 158 and 233 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for the year ended June 30, 2011
It is to inform you that we are not able to hold annual general meeting of our members/ share holders with in the time prescribe under Section 158(1) of the Companies Ordinance 1984. The particulars of the application are as follows:
|1. Registration No.:||0033392|
|Name:||Japan Power Generation Limited|
|Address:||Jia Bagga, Off Raiwind Road, Lahore|
2. The last annual general meeting in which the annual financial statements for the year ended June 30, 2010 were approved, was held Tuesday, September 28, 2010.
3. You are requested to accord your approval for extension in date up to November 30, 2011 to hold annual general meeting for approval of annual financial statements for the year ended June 30, 2011.
4. The reason for no the holding annual general meeting with in the time prescribed under Section 158(1) of the company’s Ordinance 1984 is due to travelling schedules of our directors. For this reason, we could not hold Board of Directors meeting and could not get approval of audited accounts, which are to be placed before members/ shareholders for their adoption in annual general meeting.
5. The copy of the last year audited financial statements is enclosed herewith.
6. Original paid challan of Rs. 15,000 as application fee and an affidavit of the Company Secretary are also attached with this application.
For more information, contact:
Zain ul Abidin
Japan Power Generation Limited
Jia Bagga, Raiwind Road,