Pak Datacom Limited’s notice of meeting
Karachi: Notice is hereby given that the 19th Annual General Meeting of Pak Datacom Limited (PAKD) will be held on Friday, October 21, 2011 at 10:00 am, at the Registered Office, Telecom Foundation Headquarters, 1st Floor, TF Complex, 7 – Mauve Area, G-9/4, Islamabad to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 18th Annual General Meeting held on October 28, 2010.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the audited accounts of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
3. To approve the payment of final cash dividend to the shareholders @10% i.e. Rs.1.00 per share for the year ended June 30, 2011. This final cash dividend is in addition to 15% i.e. Rs. 1.50 per share Interim cash dividend already paid by the Company.
4. To appoint auditors for the year ending June 30, 2012 and fix their remuneration. Retiring auditors M/S HLB Ijaz Tabussum and Co., Chartered Accountants, being eligible, have offered themselves for re-appointment.
5. To elect seven Directors in accordance with the provisions of section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a period of three years commencing from October 23, 2011. The present Directors, namely Ali Raza Bhutta, Iftikhar Ahmed Raja, Amjad Hussain Qureshi, Muhammad Arif, Syed Gauhar Ali, Sheikh Muhammad Afzal and Ali Akhtar Bajwa will retire on October 22, 2011.
6. To transact such other business as may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chair.
1. Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from October 13, 2011 to October 21, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint another member as proxy.
3. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the Head Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the meeting and must be duly stamped, signed and witnessed,
4. Shareholders are requested to promptly notify in writing to the Company of any change in their address.
5. CDC account holders further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in circular No, 1 dated 26th January, 2000 of Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan for attending the meeting;
a) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/ or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport at the time of attending the meeting. The shareholders registered on CDC are also required to bring their participant’s I.D. Number and account numbers in CDS.
b) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Syed Sajjad Hasan
Pak Datacom Limited
3rd Floor, Umar Plaza, Blue Area
Tel: +92 51 2872691
Fax: +92 51 282327