United Distribution Pakistan Limited’s annual general meeting
Karachi: Please find enclosed a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting to be published in newspapers.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 29th Annual General Meeting of United Distributors Pakistan Limited will be held at The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan, Hussain Shah Shaheed Road, Soldier Bazar Karachi on Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 6:00 p.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the last Extraordinary General Meeting held on May 16, 2011.
2. To receive, consider and approve the audited financial statements of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ reports thereon.
3. To appoint Auditors and fix their remuneration for the year 2011-2012. The present Auditors retire and being eligible, offer themselves for the re-appointment as auditors of the Company.
4. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from October 23, 2011 to October 29, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfer (if any) should be received at the office of our Registrar M/S GANGJEES REGISTRAR SERVICES (PVT) LIMITED, Room No. 516, Clifton Centre, Kahkashan, Block -5, Clifton, Karachi -75600, latest by the close of business on October 22, 2011.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his/ her behalf. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
3. Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the Company’s Registrar not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
4. Members are requested to notify any changes in their addresses immediately to the Company’s Share Registrar, M/s GANGJEES REGISTRAR SERVICES (PVT) LTD.
5. In pursuance of the Circular No. 1 of 2000 of SECP dated January 25th, 2000 beneficial owners of the shares registered in the name of Central Depository Company (CDC) and / or theft proxies are required to produce their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or passport for identification purpose at the time of attending the meeting.
6. Proxy form must be submitted with the company within the stipulated time, duly witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers must be mentioned on the form, along with attested copies of the CNIC or passport of the beneficial owner and the proxy.
7. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/ power of attorney with the specimen signature of the proxy holder shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
United Distribution Pakistan Limited
1st Floor, NIC Building,
Abbasi Shaheed Road,
Karachi – 75530.
Tel: (92-21) 3563-5514
Fax: (92-21) 35635518