Attock Petroleum Limited’s notice of extra ordinary general meeting
Karachi: We have to inform you that the Board of Directors of our Company in their meeting held Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting to be held on March 05, 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice is hereby given that the 11th Extra-Ordinary General Meeting being the 27th General Meeting of the Company will be held at Islamabad Club, Islamabad on March 05, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. to transact the following business:
To elect seven directors as fixed by the Board pursuant to the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 198 for a term of three years.
Following are the names of the retiring directors:
1. Dr. Ghaith R. Pharaon
2. Mr. Laith G. Pharaon
3. Mr. Wael G. Pharaon
4. Mr. Shuaib A. Malik
5. Mr. Babar Bashir Nawaz
6. Mr. M. Adil Khattak
7. Mr. Munaf Ibraim
The retiring directors are eligible for re-election.
To change the registered office of the Company from Islamabad, Capital Territory to the Attock House in Morgah, Rawalpindi in the Province of Punjab and accordingly to pass the following\ resolution as special resolution:
That the registered office of the Company be changed from Islamabad, Capital Territory, to the Province of Punjab effective April 23, 2012.
a. that clause ii of the Memorandum of Association of the Company be and is hereby substituted as under:
ii. The registered office of the Company will be situated in the Province of Punjab.
b. that the Article 5 of the Articles of Association be and is hereby substituted as under:
5. Registered Office.
The Office shall be at such place as the Directors shall from time to time appoint.
c. that the Company Secretary be authorized and empowered to give effect to this resolution and to do or cause to do all acts, deeds and things that may be necessary or required for change of registered office of the Company.”
1. Any person who seeks to contest the election of director shall file with the Company at its registered office not later than fourteen days before the above said meeting his / her intention to offer himself / herself for the election of directors in terms of section 178 (3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 together with consent in Form 28, and declarations as required under the Code of Corporate Governance.
2. A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another person as his / her proxy to attend and vote instead of him / her. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the Registered Office of the Company duly stamped and signed not later than 48 bows before the meeting.
3. The Beneficial Owner of Central Depository Company, entitled to attend and vote at this meeting, must bring his/her CNIC or Passport to provide his/her identity. In case of proxy, an attested copy of his/her CNIC or Passport must be enclosed. Representatives of corporate entities should bring the usual documents required for such purpose.
4. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed and no transfer of shares will be accepted for registration from February 27, 2012 to March 05, 2012 (both days inclusive).
5. The members are requested to promptly notify any change in their addresses.
Statement Under Section 160(1)(b) of The Companies Ordinance, 1984
The registered office of the Company is required to be changed from Islamabad, Capital Territory to the Attock House in Morgah, Rawalpindi in the Province of Punjab, which will have offices of all the Attock Group Companies. Accordingly the clause ii of Memorandum of Association and clause 5 of the Articles of Association of the Company relating to the change of registered office will be substituted.
For more information, Contact:
Attock Petroleum Limited,
Avenue, F – 7/1,