Pakistan Tobacco Company Limited’s notice of annual general meeting
Karachi, March 14, 2013 (PPI-OT): Enclosed, please find a copy of the Notice of the Annual General Meeting to be held on 19th April, 2013, for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Sixth Annual General Meeting (“the Meeting”) of Pakistan Tobacco Company Limited (“the Company”) will be held at Silver Square, Plot No15, F-11 Markaz, Islamabad on Friday 19th April, 2013 at 3.30 p.m. to transact the following business:-
A. Ordinary Business:
1. To receive, consider and adopt the audited Accounts for the year ended 31st December, 2012 and the Report of the Directors and Auditors thereon.
2. To approve the Final Dividend as recommended by the Board.
3. To appoint Auditors and to fix their remuneration.
4. To elect 9 directors as fixed by the Board, for a period of three years commencing 19th April 2013 (close of business). The names of the retiring directors are Mr. Mueen Afzal. Mr. Graeme Amey, Mr. Mobasher Raza. Mr. Mustanser Muhammad Ali Khan, Mr. Feroze Ahmed, Mr. Tajmal Shah, Lt. Gen. (Retd,) Ali Kuli Khan Khattak, Mr. Abid Niaz Hasan and Syed Asif Shah.
By Order of the Board
(1) The Share Transfer Books of the Company will be closed from 13th April 2013 to 19th April, 2013 both days inclusive. Transfers received in order at the office of the Company’s Share Registrar, FAMCO Associates (Pvt.) Ltd, State Life Building No.1-A, 1st Floor, I, I, Chundrigar Road, Karachi at the close of business on 12th April, 2013, will be in time to be entitled to vote and for the entitlement of dividend.
(2) A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote it the Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy and such proxy will have the right to attend, speak and vote in place of that member. Forms of proxy must be deposited at the office of the Company’s Share Registrar not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for the Meeting and in default, forms of proxy will not be treated as valid.
(3) Attendance of members who have deposited their shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited shall be in accordance with the following:-
A) In Person:
i) Individuals must bring their participant’s ID number and account/sub-account number along with original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport at the time of attending the Meeting.
ii) In the case of a corporate entity, presentation of a Board of Directors Resolution/Power of Attorney with specimen signatures of the nominee at the time of the Meeting.
B) By Proxy:
i) In case of individuals, the submission of the proxy form as per the requirement notified in Note 2 above.
ii) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be stated on the form.
iii) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv) The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the Meeting.
v) In case of a corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ Resolution/ Power of Attorney with specimen signatures shall be submitted with the proxy form to the Company.
(4) Members are requested to notify the Company’s Share Registrar promptly of changes in their address, and the Members who have not yet submitted e photocopy of their valid computerized National Identity Cards to the Company are requested to send the same at the earliest directly to our Share Registrar.
For more information, contact:
Pakistan Tobacco Company Limited
Silver Square, Plot No. 15,
F-11 Markaz, Islamabad