Chittisinghpora massacre victims still await justice
Srinagar, March 22, 2013 (PPI-OT): in occupied Kashmir, thirteen years have passed since the massacre of 35 members of Sikh community in Chittisinghpora village of Islamabad but the victims still await justice. Jeet Kour, an elderly woman, who lost nine of her family members, in a media interview beseeched, “Please do some justice with us.” “There is no one in our home now. Please inform us if any headway has been achieved in the probe, so far.”
“The entire scene of how we were lined up and showered with bullets is still fresh in my memories,” said Nanak Singh, who was injured in the attack that took place on the evening of March 20, 2000. Nanak had lost his son Gurmeet Singh and brother, Dilbari Singh in the massacre. “It is only a miracle that I survived despite being injured with bullets,” he said.
The Army court is holding trial on a charge-sheet filed by CBI in 2006, which had indicted 7 Rashtriya Rifles’s Brig Ajay Saxena, Lt. Col. Brajendra Pratap Singh, Maj. Sourabh Sharma, Maj. Amit Saxena and Subedar Idrees Khan for the brutal murder of the five civilians who were passed off as foreign militants.
For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549