Halil Ibrahim Demirham appointed as Honorary Investment Counsellor of Board of Investment in Turkey
Islamabad: Mr. Saleem H Mandviwala, Minister of State / Chairman Board of Investment appointed Mr. Halil Ibrahim Demirham as Honorary Investment Counsellor (HIC) for Turkey to complement the investment and trade promotion efforts for Pakistan.
On the appointment of Mr. Halil Ibrahim Demirham, MOS/ Chairman Board of Investment said that the appointed HIC will be responsible to cover the areas for cooperation to enhance trade and investment relations with Turkey.
BOI appoints HICs to perform activities like:
• Image building of Pakistan in the country of his accreditation (both through contact and personal practice)
• Building effective relationship with the Pakistan (business) community residing in his country of residence.
• Working as active liaison between BOI and foreign investors in getting their queries / concerns answered with efficiently and speed.
• Assisting prospective investors in arranging their visit to Pakistan and having fruitful meeting in the country during the visit(s).
• Helping in the dissemination of investment information and business opportunities in Pakistan.
• Guiding / assisting BOI in organizing needed Investment Conference (s) in their assigned territories.
• Organizing periodic investment delegations to Pakistan and prior reporting on the credentials/ seriousness of the investors.
• Identifying trustworthy investors and luring them over to Pakistan.
• Accompanying investor’s delegation to Pakistan if the size / importance of the incoming delegation(s) so warrant.
The Board of Investment is the primary agency mandated to promote and facilitate foreign investment. BOI, therefore, seeks the help and assistance of prominent businesspersons overseas, who are being appointed as Honorary Investment Counsellor (HIC), in this effort.
For more information, contact:
Mr. Amir Sultan Akhun Khel
Director (P and PR)
Board of Investment
Tel: +9251 922 4103
Fax: +9251 920 7030