National Refinery Limited’s notice of annual general meeting (AGM)
Karachi: We thank you for letter Ref. No. KSE/C.187-5451 dated September 14, 2011 in response to our letter Ref: 5.1/0911 dated September 13, 2011.
The Notice of the AGM/has been published on September 29, 2011 in the following newspapers to the effect that 48th Annual General Meeting of our Company which is scheduled to be held on October 20, 2011 at 1500 hours at Hotel Canton, Karachi:
Dawn English Combined
Jang Urdu Combined
Business Recorder Combined
Notice is hereby given that the 48th Annual General Meeting of National Refinery Limited will be held on October 20, 2011 at 15:00 hours at Hotel Carlton, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To receive, consider and approve the audited accounts of the Company together with Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports for the year ended June 30, 2011.
2. To consider and, if thought fit, to approve the payment of final cash dividend at the rate of Rs. 25/- per share i.e. 250% for the year ended June 30, 2011 as recommended by the Board of Directors.
3. To appoint auditors for the year ending June 30, 2012 and to fix their remuneration.
4. Any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1- The Register of Members of the Company will remain closed and no transfer of shares will be accepted for registration from October 11, 2011 to October 20, 2011 (both days inclusive).
Transfers received in order at the office of the Share Registrar:
Noble Computer Services (Pvt.) Ltd,
1st Floor, House of Habib Building (Siddiqsons Tower),
3-Jinnah Cooperative Housing Society,
Main Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi-75350
at the close of business on October 10, 2011 will be in time for the purpose of determination of entitlement to the transferees.
2. A member entitled to attend, speak and vote at the Annual General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of him/her. No person shall act as proxy, who is not a member of the Company except corporate entity may appoint a person who is not a member. Proxy in order to be effective must be duly signed, witnessed and deposited at the office of the Share Registrar not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
3. The proxy shall produce his/her original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or passport at the time of the meeting.
4. Shareholders are requested to promptly notify the office of the Share Registrar of any change in their address.
5. Members who may be seeking exemption from the deduction of income tax or are eligible for deduction at a reduced rate are requested to submit a valid tax certificate or necessary documentary evidence as the case may be. Members desiring non-deduction of Zakat are also requested to submit a declaration for non-deduction of Zakat. Necessary advice in either case must be submitted within not more than 15 days from the date of dividend entitlement.
6. CDC account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For attending the meeting:
(i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the Meeting.
(ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
B. For appointing proxies:
(i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account, and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
(ii) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
(iii) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport, of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
(iv) The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the Meeting.
(v) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
7. All other shareholders of the Company shall authenticate their identity by showing their original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
8. Form of proxy is attached to the notice of meeting being sent to the members.
For more information, contact:
National Refinery Limited
7-B, Korangi Industrial Zone,
Korangi, P.O. Box: 8228,
Karachi-74900 – Pakistan