Akzo Nobel Pakistan Limited’s notice of extra ordinary general meeting
Karachi, November 13, 2012 (PPI-OT): Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on 7th December 2012, for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of Akzo Nobel Pakistan Limited will be held on Friday, the 7th day of December, 2012, at 10:30 a.m. at Beach Luxury Hotel, Karachi, to transact the following Special Business, that is, to consider and if thought fit to shift the registered office of the Company from Karachi, in the Province of Sindh to the Province of Punjab and for this purpose, to pass the following resolutions as Special Resolutions:
Resolved as and by way of Special Resolution That
(a) Subject to confirmation and approval of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, the registered office of the Company be shifted from the Province of Sindh to the Province of Punjab, and that Article 77 of the Memorandum of Association of the Company be and is amended to read as follows:
The Registered Office of the Company will be situated in the Province of Punjab.
(b) Subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan approving the shifting of the registered office of the Company to the Province of Punjab, Article 3 of the Articles of Association of the Company and its marginal note be and is amended to read as follows:
The Office shall be at such place as the Directors shall from time to time appoint in the Province of Punjab.
A statement as required by Section 160 (1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance 1984 in respect of the special business to be considered at the meeting and containing a draft of the resolution to be passed in respect thereof as required by Section 164 (1) of the Companies Ordinance 1964 is annexed to the notice being sent in the members.
1. Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from December 01, 2012, to December 07, 2012, (both days inclusive) to determine entitlement to attend and vote at the meeting.
2. All Members are entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting.
3. A Member entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend, speak and vote for him/her. A proxy must be a Member of the Company.
4. An Instrument of proxy applicable for the Meeting is being provided with the notice sent to Members. Further copies of the instrument of proxy may be obtained from the Registered Office of the Company during normal office hours. Proxy Form may also be downloaded from the Company’s website www.akzonobel.com/pk/paints.
5. An instrument of proxy and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, or a notarially certified copy of such power or authority, must to be valid, be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
6. Members are requested to submit a copy of their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC), if not already provided and notify immediately changes, if any, in their registered address to our Share Registrar, FAMCO Associates (Pvt) Ltd.
7. CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For Attending the Meeting:
(i) In casa of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
(ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the Meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies:
(i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
(ii) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
(iii) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
(iv) The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the Meeting.
For more information, contact:
Akzo Nobel Pakistan Limited
346, Ferezpur Road,
P.O. Box 273, Lahore 54600
T: +92 42 111 551 111
T: +92 42 591 8595-96
F: +92 42 583 5011