Jubilee Life Insurance Company Limited’s notice of annual general meeting
Karachi, March 20, 2013 (PPI-OT): Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting to be held on April 15, 2013 which will be published on March 24, 2013 in Newspapers namely Business Recorder and Nawa-e-Waqt of Karachi and Islamabad.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 18th Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of Jubilee Life Insurance Company Limited will be held as per below mentioned schedule:
Date and time: April 15, 2013 (Monday) at 11:00 a.m.
Venue Auditorium, Habib Bank Tower, Jinnah Avenue,
1. To consider and adopt the Audited Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended December 31, 2012 and the Directors and Auditors Reports thereon.
2. To consider and approve payment of Cash Dividend of 45% (Rs. 4.50 per ordinary share of Rs. 10 each) for the year ended December 31, 2012 as recommended by the Directors of the Company.
3. To consider and approve the appointment of Auditors for the year ending 31 December 2013 and to fix their remuneration. The retiring Auditors Messrs A.F. Ferguson and Co. Chartered Accountants being eligible have offered themselves for reappointment.
4. To consider and approve the following Resolutions as Special Resolutions as required under Section 208 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
(i) Investment in ordinary shares of Habib Bank Limited
“To invest a sum of up to Rs. 150 million for the purchase of ordinary shares of Habib Bank Limited”.
(ii) Investment in London Bishkek Insurance Company Kyrgyz Republic
“To invest a sum up to US$ 440,088 for acquisition of 19.50% shareholding in the ordinary shares of London Bishkek Insurance Company-CJSC, Kyrgyz Republic, subject to all necessary regulatory approvals”.
(iii) The Managing Director and / or Chief Financial Officer be and hereby authorized to take all necessary actions as may be required to implement and give effect to the above mentioned Resolutions and to complete all other legal formalities. Further Resolved that the Special Resolution be and is hereby passed for the purpose of Section 208 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
5. To transact any other ordinary business as may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chair.
A statement of Material Facts under Section 160(1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 pertaining to the aforesaid Special Business is being sent to the shareholders along with the Notice of Annual General Meeting.
1. The Share transfer bocks of the Company shall remain closed from April 05, 2013 to April 15, 2013 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in order by our registrar, M/s Central Depository Company of Pakistan, CDC Share Registrar Service, CDC House, 99-B, Block-B, SMCHS, Main Shara-e-Faisal, Karachi-74400, at the close of business on April 05, 2013 will be treated in time for the purpose of attending the meeting.
2. A Member of the company entitled to attend and vote at this Meeting shall be entitled to appoint another member, as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of him/her, and a proxy so appointed shall have such rights, as respects attending, speaking and voting at the Meeting as are available to a member.
3. A Member shall not be entitled to appoint more than one proxy to attend any one meeting. If any Member appoints more than one proxy for any one meeting and more than one instruments of proxy are deposited with the Company, all such instruments of proxy shall be rendered invalid.
4. Proxies, in order to be effective, must be received by/ lodged with the Company at its Registered Office 26-D, 3rd floor, Kashmir Plaza, Jinnah Avenue, Blue Area, Islamabad not less than 48 hours before the Meeting.
4. Members are requested to immediately notify any change in their addresses.
5. CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
6. In pursuance with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) notification No. SRO 779(1)/2011 dated August 18, 2011 and SRO. 831(1)/2012 dated July 05, 2012, the shareholders possessing physical shares are requested to immediately send a copy of their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) to our Registrar Office, Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, CDC House, 99-B, Block B, SMCHS, Main Shara-e-Faisal, Karachi for printing / insertion of CNIC number on respective Dividend Warrant. In case of non-receipt of the copy of valid CNIC and non-compliance of the above requirement, the Company will be constrained to withhold dispatch of Dividend Warrants to such shareholders. Corporate entities are also requested to submit their NTN at the address of our Registrar as given above.
For more information, contact:
Jubilee Life Insurance Company Limited
(formerly New Jubilee Life Insurance Company Limited)
74/1-A, Lalazar, M.T Khan Road,
UAN: 111 111 554