Adamjee Insurance Company Limited’s notice of extra ordinary general meeting
Karachi, May 07, 2013 (PPI-OT): Enclosed please find herewith a Copy of the Notice of the Extra Ordinary General Meeting to be held on May 28, 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of the Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra Ordinary General Meeting (EOGM) of Adamjee Insurance Company Limited (the “Company”) will be held at the Islamabad Hotel, Islamabad on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 11 a.m. to elect eleven (11) directors as fixed by the Board pursuant to the provisions of Section 178 (1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (“Ordinance”) for the term of three years. The term of present board expires on May 29, 2013. The following retiring directors are eligible to offer themselves for election;
01) Mr. Ahmed Ebrahim Hasham
02) Mr. Ali Munir
03) Mr. Fredrik Coenrard de Beer
04) Mr. Ibrahim Shamsi
05) Mr. Imran Maqbool
06) Mr. Kamran Rasool
07) Mr. Muhammad Umar Virk
08) Mr. S.M. Jawed
09) Mr. Shahid Malik
10) Mr. Manzar Mushtaq
11) Mr. Umer Mansha
1) Any person who seeks to contest the election of directors shall file with the Company at its Registered Office not later than fourteen days before the date of the meeting his/ her intention to offer himself/herself for the election of directors in terms of Section 178 (3) of the Ordinance, together with;
a) Consent to act as director under Section 184 (I) of the Ordinance.
b) Information Annexure A and affidavit on Annexure B required under Insurance Companies (Sound and Prudent Management) Regulation 2012 notified by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan vide SRO 15(1)/2012 dated 9th January 2012.
Annexure A and Annexure B are available on SECP website and can also be obtained from Registered office: 1st Floor, ISE Towers, 55-B, Jinnah Avenue, Blue Area, Islamabad or Independent Share Registrar of the Company.
c) The profile along with office address for placing on website of the Company seven days prior to the date of election in terms of SRO25 (1)/2012 dated January16, 2012.
2. The qualification of director shall be holding shares in the Company of the nominal value of Rs. 25,000 in term of Article 79 of the Article of Association.
3. The listing regulation 35 of Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore Stock Exchange state that no person shall be elected or nominated as a director of more than Seven listed companies simultaneously.
4) The share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from May 15, 2013 to May 28, 2013 (both days inclusive) to determine the entitlement of the members to attend the meeting. Transfers received at M/s Technology Trade (Pvt.) Ltd., Dagia House, 241-C, Block-2 PHCHS, off: Shahrah-e-Quaideen, Karachi, the Independent Share Registrar of the Company by the close of business on May 14, 2013 will be treated in time for the purpose of attending and voting at the meeting.
5) A member entitled to attend and vote at the Extra Ordinary General Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote instead of him/ her. A proxy must be a member of the Company. A corporation or a company being member of the company may appoint any of its officers or any other person through a resolution of its board of directors.
6) The instrument appointing a proxy must be received at the Registered Office of the Company or Registrar Office not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for the Meeting. A member shall not be entitled to appoint more that one proxy.
If a member appoints more than one proxy and more than one instruments of proxy are deposited by a member with Company, all such instruments of proxy shall be rendered invalid. In case of corporate entity the Board of Directors resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of nominee shall be submitted with the above time limit.
7) Members who have deposited their shares in the Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited will have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan;
A. For Attending the Meeting
a. In case of Individuals, the account holder and/or sub-account holder whose registration details are Uploaded as per the CDC Regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her Original CNIC or Original Passport along with Participant IDD number and the Account number at the time of attending the Meeting.
b. In case of corporate entity, the Board’s resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the Meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies
a. In cast of individuals, the account holder and/ or sub-account holder whose registration details are uploaded as per the CDC Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per above requirements.
b. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons, whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
c. Attested copies of the CNIC or passport of beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
d. The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the Meeting.
e. In case of corporate entity, the Boards resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature shall be furnished (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Adamjee Insurance Company Limited
6th Floor, Adamjee House,
I. I. Chundrigar Road,
Karachi- 74000, Pakistan.
UAN: (021) 111-242-111
Tel: (021) 32412623
Fax: (021) 32412627