Colgate Palmolive (Pakistan) Limited’s notice in respect of annual general meeting
Karachi, August 29, 2012 (PPI-OT): We enclose a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting scheduled to be held on Monday 24 September 2012 which is to be published in newspapers for your information and record.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 34th Annual General Meeting of Colgate-Palmolive (Pakistan) Limited will be held on Monday, September 24, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. at Audition of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, Clifton, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To receive, consider und adopt the audited financial statements for the year ended June 30, 2012 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
2. To declare final dividend in cash@ 140% i.e. Rs. 14 per share of Rs.10 each and by way of issue of fully paid bonus shares @20% i.e. in the proportion of our share for every five shares held by the members as recommended by the Board of Directors.
3. To appoint auditors and fix their remuneration.
4. To consider, to increase the authorized capital of the Company from Rs. 400,000,000 to Rs. 750,000,000 dividend into 75,000,000 ordinary shares of Rs.10 each and if thought fit to pass a special resolution in the matter.
5. To consider subject to declaration of the final dividend as above, capitalization of a sum of Rs. 72,658,980 by way or issue of 7,265,898 fully paid bonus shares of Rs. 10 each and fit thought fit o pass an ordinary resolution in the matter.
Statement under section 160 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 in the above matters containing draft of the resolutions to be passed pertaining to items No. 4 and 5 is being sent to the members of the Company along with the notice.
1. The share transfer books cit the Company will remain closed from September 18, 2012 to September 24, 2012, both days inclusive. Transfers received in order by the Shares Registrar of the Company M/s. FAMCO Associates (Private) Limited, State Life Building No.1-A. 1st Floor, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi upto September 17, 2012 will be considered in time for entitlement of the dividend and bonus shares.
2. A member who has deposited his/her shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, must bring his/her participant’s ID number and account/sub-account number along with original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport at the time of attending the meeting.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the general meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of him/her.
4. Forms of proxy to be valid must he properly filled-in/executed and received at the Company’s Registered Office at Lakson Square, Building No.2, Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi not later than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
5. Members are requested to notify the Shares Registrar of the Company promptly of any change in their addresses.
6. Members who have not vet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) are requested to send the same to our Shares Registered at the earliest.
7. Form of Proxy is appended to the Annual Report and being dispatched to the members.
For more information, contact:
Colgate Palmolive (Pakistan) Limited
Lakson, Square, Building No.2,
Sarwar Shaheed Road Karachi-74200
Telephone: 3569 8000
Fax: 92-21-3568 4712