Complete shutdown in IOK on Modi’s visit tomorrow
Srinagar, July 03, 2014 (PPI-OT): In occupied Kashmir, complete shutdown will be observed, tomorrow, on Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi’s visit to the territory.
Call for the shutdown has been given by the entire Hurriyet leadership including, Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Shabbir Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Yasin Malik and the High Court Bar Association.
The shutdown is aimed at conveying a message to the Indian Prime Minister that the people of Kashmir reject India’s illegal occupation over Jammu and Kashmir and want settlement of the Kashmir dispute as per relevant UN resolutions.
Senior APHC leader, Professor Abdul Ghani Butt, in a statement in Srinagar said that the history was testimony to the fact that no power on earth had been able to suppress the freedom sentiments of the enslaved people for a long time.
He was reacting to the statement of a BJP leader that Kashmiris’ dream of liberation would never be fulfilled. A spokesman of the forum led by the veteran Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani said that Kashmir was never a part of India. Other Hurriyet leaders including Aasiya Andrabi and Farida Behanji said that the statement was tantamount to add salt to the Kashmiris’ injuries.
The High Court Bar Association of occupied Kashmir and Hurriyet leaders including Zafar Akbar Butt, Yasmeen Raja, Javed Ahmad Mir and Mir Shahid Saleem in their separate statements said that the Kashmiris were demanding nothing of India other than their inalienable right to self-determination.
Majlis Ittehad-e-Millat General Secretary Ghulam Nabi Sumji addressing a press conference in Srinagar opposed the setting up of satellite cities for Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley.
Meanwhile, Indian troops, in their fresh act of state terrorism, martyred three Kashmiri youth during violent military operations at Baloni in Mendhar area of Poonch, today.
For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549