Directives issues to supply all available stock of petrol to market
Islamabad: Secretary Petroleum Mr. Muhammad Ejaz Chaudhry chaired a high level meeting with the representatives of all the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) today and issued directives to supply all available stock of petrol to the market on emergent basis.
Several steps are being taken by the Ministry of Petroleum to mitigate the crisis of petrol shortage. These are:-
1. CNG curtailment in Faisalabad and Bahawalpur regions on Friday and Saturday will be done away with for one day.
2. National Refinery Limited (NRL) will increase its output from 80% to 100% with immediate effect.
3. NRL will release the entire available stock urgently.
4. PARCO will increase the supply of petrol to maximum possible capacity and ensure swift movement to retailers.
5. All oil tankers stationed at Faisalabad be mobilized immediately.
6. A team comprising of representatives from OMCs and Petroleum Ministry would visit Lahore and Faisalabad to monitor the prevailing situation and report back to Petroleum Ministry today.
7. Any petrol pump not supplying petrol to consumers despite having available stock would be liable for punitive action.
8. OMCs would be provided the same amount of oil as per their requirements in all the future gallop tenders.
9. PSO may consider providing oil to other companies to the extent possible without affecting its own performance.
10. Attock Refinery Limited (ARL) will repair the damaged plat former sooner than planned in Mid July.
Situation is likely to improve in one or two days.
For more information, contact:
Haji Ahmed Malik
Principal Information Officer
Press Information Department (PID)
Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324
Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326
Email: [email protected]