Emco Industries Limited’s Board of Director’s Meeting
Karachi: This is to inform you that Board of Directors of Emco Industries Limited (EMCO) in their meeting held on 26th May 2011, at 11.00 a.m. at the Registered Office of the Company, 119/E-1, Hali Road, Gulberg-III, Lahore recommended the following.
1. Program of Extraordinary General Meeting:
Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company will be held on 30th June 2011 at 11.00 a.m. at the Registered Office of the Company for election of directors.
2. Notice of Book Closure. KSE 14(1) and LSE 13(1)
The Share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 23rd June 2011 to 30th June 2011 (both days inclusive). The Share received at Company’s Share Register Office i.e. Corplink (PVT) Limited, Wings Arcade, 1-K, Commercial Building, Model Town, Lahore by the close of business on June 22, 2011 will be considered in time to be eligible for attending the meeting.
3. Notice of Extra-Ordinary General Meeting to be held on 30.06.2011. KSE Regulation 18(2) and LSE 17 (2) We are enclosing Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting prior to publication and dispatch to the members of the Company for your information and record.
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of Emco Industries Limited will be held on 30th June, 2011 at 11.00 a.m. at the Registered Office of the Company, situated at 119/E-1, Hali Road, Gulberg-111, Lahore to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on 29.10.2010.
2. To elect (08) Eight Directors for the next term of 3 years, with effect from 01.07.2011.
The names of the retiring Directors are as follows:-
Mr. Tariq Rehman
Mr. Shafiq A. Siddiqi
Mr. Haris Noorani
Mr. Suhail Mannan
Mr. Usman Haq
Mr. Javaid S. Siddiqi
Mr. Salem Rehman
Mr. Ahsan Suhail Mannan
All the retiring Directors are eligible to offer themselves for re-election.
3. To transact any other business with permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from 23.06.2011 to 30.06.2011 (both days inclusive). The Shares received for transfer at Company’s Share Registrar Office i.e. Corplink (PVT) Limited, by the close of business on 22nd June, 2011 will be considered in order for registration in the name of the transferees.
2. Members of the Company are requested to immediately notify the change of address, if any to the Share Registrar Corplink (PVT) Limited. Wings Arcade, 1-K Commercial Building, Model Town, Lahore.
3. A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at this Meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her. Proxies must be deposited at the Company’s Registered Office not less than forty eight hours before the time of holding the meeting. (Form of Proxy is enclosed).
4. Any person who seeks to contest election to the office of Director shall file with the Company, not later than fourteen days before the date of the meeting, a notice of his intention to offer himself for election as a Director together with his consent to act as a Director.
5. The Members whose shares are maintained on CDC, entitled to attend and vote at this meeting, must bring his/her NIC or passport to prove his/her identity and in case of Proxy must enclose an attested copy of his/her NIC or Passport. Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual document required for such purpose.
For more information, contact:
Director Corporate Affairs
Emco Industries Limited
119/E-1, Hali Road, Gulberg-III,
Lahore – 54660,
PABX: +9242 3587 2181 – 84
Fax: +9242 3587 2191