Hum Network Limited’s notice of extra ordinary general meeting
Karachi: Notice is hereby given that the Extra Ordinary General Meeting of Hum Network Limited formerly Eye Television Network Limited will be held on Monday, August 22, 2011 @ 11:00 am at Moosa D. Desai Auditorium, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Clifton, Karachi to transact the following business:-
1. To confirm the minutes of 6th Annual General Meeting held on October 30, 2010.
2. To elect seven(7) directors of the Company as fixed by the Board of Directors in accordance with the provision of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a period of three years.
The retiring directors are as follows:
1. Ms. Sultana Siddiqui
2. Mr. Mazhar-ul-Haq Siddiqui
3. Mr. Munawar Alam Siddiqui
4. Mr. Mahtab Akbar Rashidi
5. Mrs. Khushbakht Shujat
6. Mr. Shunaid Qureshi
7. Mr. Muhammad Ayub younus Adhi
All retiring Directors shall be eligible to offer themselves for re-election.
3. Any other business with the permission of the chair.
1. The share transfer books of the company will remain closed from August 16, 2011 to August 22, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. Nomination from the shareholders for the office of Directors must be received at least 14 days before the time of meeting at the registered office of the Company.
3. All members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting.
4. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend, speak, and vote for him/her. A Proxy must be a member of the Company.
5. An instrument of proxy applicable for the meeting is being provided with the notice sent to members. Further copies of the instruments of proxy may be obtained from the registered office of the Company during normal office hours.
6. An instrument of proxy and the power of attorney or other authority (if any ), under which it is signed or a notarily certified copy of such power or authority must, to be valid, be deposited at the registered office not less than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
7. Members are requested to notify immediately changes, if any, in their registered address.
8. CDC, account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in circular 1, dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
For Attending the Meeting
In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and /or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulation, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC), or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
For Appointing Proxies
In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and /or the person whose securities are in group account, and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulation, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirements.
The Proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of meeting,
In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Hum Network Limited
10/11 Hassan Ali
Off. I.I. Chundrigar Road,