New Jubilee Insurance Company Limited’s Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Karachi: Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary Genera! Meeting of the shareholders of New Jubilee Insurance Company Limited will he held on Friday, Jane 24, 2011 at 10:30 am at the Auditorium, Institute of Chattered Accountants of Pakistan, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Block 8, Clifton, Karachi to transact the following business.
To elect (8) Directors as fixed by the Board of Directors in accordance with the provision of Section 178(1) or the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for the next term or three (3) years, commencing from Jun 25, 2011. Following are the names of retiring directors.
I. Mr.Towfiq II. Chinoy
2. Mr. Masood Noorani
3. Mr. Akbar ali Hashwani
4. Mr. Akbar ali Pesanani
5. Mr. John Joseph Metcalf
6. Mr. Sadruddin Hashwani
7. Mr. R. Zakir Mahmood
8. Mr. Aly Noormahomed Rattansey
1. Any person who seeks to contest the election of Directors shall file with the Company at its registered office not later than fourteen days before the date of the said meeting his / her intention to offer himself / herself for the election of the Directors in terms of Section 178(3) of’ the Companies Ordinance, 1984 together with Form 28 (Consent to act as Director) prescribed under the Companies Ordinance, 1984 and a Declaration in terms of clause (ii), (iii) and (iv) of’ the Code of Corporate Governance.
2. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will be closed from June 18, 2011 to June 24, 2011 (both days inclusive)
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting may appoint another member as his / her proxy to attend and vote on his / her behalf the proxy form, must be received at the Registered Office of the Company not later than 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
4. For attending the Meeting and Appointing Proxies CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
5. Members are requested to immediately inform the Company of any change in their address.
6. A form of Proxy is enclosed with the Notice of the Meeting being sent to the members.
For more information, contact:
Atiq A. Mahmudi
Executive Director (Finance) and
New Jubilee Insurance Company Limited
Jubilee Insurance House,
I.I. Chundrigar Road,
P.O. Box 4795,
UAN: +9221 111-654-111
Tel: +9221 32416022-26
Fax: +9221 32416728-32438738