NIB Bank Limited’s notice of annual general meeting
Karachi: Enclosed please find clippings of notice of Annual General Meeting of NIB Bank Limited (NIB) published in “Business Recorder” and “Nawa-e-Waqt”, Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad on 9th March 2012 for your perusal and record.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that Ninth Annual General Meeting of NIB Bank Limited (“the Bank”) shall be held at 10:00 am on Friday the 30th March 2012, at ICAP Auditorium, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) Building, G-10/4 Mauve Area, Islamabad to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 8th Annual General Meeting held on 30th March 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Accounts of the Bank for the year ended 31st December 2011 together with Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
3. To appoint auditors and fix their remuneration. M/s. KPMG Taseer Hadi and Co., Chartered Accountants have offered themselves for the re-appointment.
4. To grant post facto approval to the payment of remuneration fixed by the Board for the non-executive directors, in terms of State Bank of Pakistan Prudential Regulations # G-1 (C)(2) for Corporate/ Commercial Banking and to pass the following resolution:
RESOLVED that post facto approval for payment of remuneration fixed by the Board for non-executive directors in terms of State Bank of Pakistan’s Prudential Regulation # G-1 (C)(2) for Corporate/Commercial Banking is hereby granted.
5. Any other business with the permission of the Chair.
A statement as required under section 160(1)(b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 is being sent to the shareholders with this notice.
1. Share Transfer Books of the Bank will remain closed from 22nd March to 30th March 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A shareholder entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another shareholder as his/her proxy to attend and vote. Proxies, in order to be effective, must be received at the Head Office of the Bank situated at Muhammadi House, I.I. Chandigarh Road, Karachi (Pakistan) not later than 48 (forty eight) hours before the time of meeting, and must be duly stamped, signed and witnessed.
3. Shareholders are requested to notify any change in their addresses immediately to the Bank or Share Registrar, M/s. THK Associates (Pvt.) Limited, Ground Floor, State Life Building No. 3, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi (Pakistan).
4. CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated the 26th January 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
For attending the meeting:
In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder or investor account holder shall authenticate identity by showing his/her original computerized national identity card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
For appointing proxies:
In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder or investor account holder shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC Numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
Attested copy of CNIC or the Passport, of the account holder or sub-account holder or investor account holder shall be furnished with the proxy form.
The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original Passport at the time of the meeting.
In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Bank.
For more information, contact:
NIB Bank Limited
I.I. Chandigarh Road, Karachi
Fax: (92-21) 32417503