NTT Com to Launch Cloud-based Enterprise Network Service
TOKYO, Jan.19 /Kyodo JBN -AsiaNet/ —
NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com) announced on January 19 a new cloud-optimized network service for enterprises, called Universal One, that customers will use for comprehensive cloud services linked directly to their private networks. NTT Com plans to launch Universal One in Japan in the coming months and will begin accepting applications from April. The service will launch in global markets sometime in September or thereafter.
As companies look to incorporate cloud services in their growth strategies to reduce the burden of designing and managing complicated networks, one of their concerns is how reliably network services can assure continuous access to the cloud. NTT Com expects Universal One to satisfy this concern by enabling enterprises to rapidly deploy cloud-based networks on a reliable, low-cost, scalable basis, with the added assurance of redundant access lines.
Universal One will offer broad flexibility in terms of location, operations, layers and even the type of cloud they use. Services will be available in four different levels of quality and cost, starting as low as 16,800 JPY per month for a layer 3 network in Japan.
Features of Universal One
Rapid network deployment
– Comprehensive services, which previously had to be segregated according to the customer’s network layer and type of access line.
– Four plans offering different levels of quality and cost, from premium service for top-level reliability and quality to best-effort service for basic-level bandwidth.
– Easy three-step process for selecting the most appropriate plan, bandwidth and options.
– No need to design or construct network to access cloud services.
– New, high-function Universal One terminal enables end-to-end management for strengthened network reliability and business continuity.
– All service plans include a backup access line to assure network availability.
High cost performance
– In addition to seamless interconnection of layer 2 and layer 3 networks, connection to NTT Com’s BizCITY cloud services (some available only in Japan) is provided at no extra charge.
– One-stop management—from Universal One terminal to cloud—helps to lower costs significantly compared to complicated conventional networks.
– Unifies domestic and foreign networks operating on different specifications.
– Enables universal management and billing.
– Creates seamless global networks that support multinational business operations.
*Please visit http://www.ntt.com/aboutus_e/news/data/20110119a.html
About NTT Communications Corporation
Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
Source: NTT Communications Corporation
(Ms.) Yasuko Oka or (Ms.) Akiko Suzaki
NTT Communications Corporation
Public Relations Office