OIC voices concern over results of probe on ballistic missile fired toward Riyadh
Jeddah Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has said it is following with deep concern the repercussions of the act committed by the Houthi-Saleh militias that launched a ballistic missile toward Saudi Arabia’s capital Riyadh, in a serious and clear breach of international law and an aggression against the security and territorial integrity of the Kingdom.
The Kingdom had previously faced similar violations of its territories when Houthi-Saleh militias launched a ballistic missile toward the Grand Mosque of Makkah on 27 October 2016, the OIC said in a statement on Thursday.
The militias repeated their heinous attempt on 27 July 2017. These violations were utterly denounced by the OIC member states and regional and international organizations.
The OIC expresses its condemnation and dismay over the reports that foreign parties were involved in this attack through supplying the Houthis with weapons, including the missiles they launched from the Yemeni territories, as revealed by the investigations conducted in this regard.
While warning against this serious and provocative escalation that represents a blatant violation of relevant UN Security Council resolutions, including Resolution 2216, and a disregard of the principles of international covenants and of the OIC Charter which call on all member states to respect sovereignty and territorial integrity of each state, the OIC considers that this senseless aggression would only further undermine any efforts to bring about peace, security and stability in the region, the statement said.
It added that the overt support provided by some parties to the Houthi-Saleh militias, which only adhere to the logic of violence, criminality and threats, will certainly make these parties accountable internationally for violating UN Security Council Resolution 2216, as they are partners in these aggressions.
Source: International Islamic News Agency