Ron Arad Will Award the winner of Jump the Gap at Roca London Gallery
BARCELONA, 28 July, 2011 /PRNewswire-AsiaNet/–
• Ron Arad, chairman of the judging panel, will award the prize to the winner in early November in London, at the new Roca London Gallery designed by ZahaHadid
• The 4th edition of the competition has set a participation record, receiving 3,004 entries from 92 countries.
The jury of the 4th Roca International Design Contest Jump the Gap has chosen the 11 finalists, of which one will be the winning entry, and whose name will be released this autumn in London.
This year’s jury, chaired by the designer and architect Ron Arad, is completed by: Gina Bojardi, Javier Mariscal, Marcel Wanders, John Anthony Sahs,TomekRygalik and JosepCongost.
The 11 chosen finalists have shown outstanding quality and innovation:
1. Bathboard by SylwiaUlicka Rivera
2. Bana Bender by Hong Ruei Hong and Lin Pin
3. Bath the transformer by AndreyLebedev
4. Recycle Water by Helder Rodrigues
5. Bath 2.0 by FabrizioTozzoli and Eliana Salazar
6. Roca Soap by Javier Jiménez and Eli Cayuela
7. Mist by Sylwester Szymanski and KatarzynaHryniewiecka
8. Live bath-anemone by Irina Samoylova
9. In& Out Shower by Michal Warykiewicz
10. Sliding Shower by Mario Ginevro
11. Watersite by AgataTrybus
The award will be presented in the new Roca London Gallery, designed by ZahaHadid and located in Chelsea Harbour.
With this initiative, Roca, the leading brand in bathroom space definition, continues supporting young talents and working to identify conceptually innovative ideas that build a bridge between today and tomorrow.
Roca is a company involved in the design, manufacture and sales of bathroom products, ceramic flooring and ceramic tiling for the architectural, construction and interior design sectors. The company employs over 20,200 people, has 71 manufacturing centres and is present in over 135 countries across 5 continents.
Roca, the leading brand in bathroom space definition, works constantly to develop and promote initiatives that help to preserve the environment. This commitment by Roca is directed at the continuous development of new products aimed at saving water.