Samsung Electronics Co Ltd launches range of category-defining products at 2014 International CES
Karachi, January 13, 2014 (PPI-OT): Samsung Electronics Company Limited has underlined its technology leadership in TVs, mobile devices and home appliances by launching a range of category-defining products at the 2014 International CES.
“Samsung is the cutting edge of innovation,” said Boo-keun Yoon, Co-CEO of Samsung Electronics. “Our approach of combining deep consumer insight, engineering excellence, software innovation, and clever design is making Samsung the global technology leader.”
Outlining his vision for the future of the consumer electronics industry, Mr. Yoon said four mega trends were shaping the technology demands of consumers: connectivity, urbanization, aging, and new environmental and societal risks.
“The Home of the Future has to protect, be flexible, and be responsive” and “needs technology that will connect all the digital dots in the lives of consumers,” Mr. Yoon said. “Samsung is in a better position to deliver solutions for the ‘Home of the Future’ than anybody else – helped by our broad product range, integrated development and manufacturing, and our large global network of partners.”
Among Samsung’s key products launched at CES 2014 are:
• The World’s Largest Curved UHD TV, with a 105-inch screen and a truly cinematic 21:9 aspect ratio with 11 million pixels for a 5,120×2,160 screen resolution.
• Samsung U9000 Series Curved UHD TVs – The World’s First Curved UHD TV, which is a CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards honoree and Samsung’s flagship TV for 2014. The U9000 series is completed by 65-inch and 55-inch Curved TVs, all with an elegant minimal base and ultra slim bezels.
• Samsung also announced partnerships with global media and content companies such as Amazon, Comcast, DIRECTV, M-GO and Netflix, to deliver the best UHD experience. Customers can also look forward to a “UHD video pack” service that contains UHD content by HDD in cooperation with Hollywood studios.
• A new range of washing machines and washer dryers helps lighten households’ workloads by offering the largest capacity on the market – 5.6 cubic feet (or about 25kg).
• Blazing a path for the ‘Home of the Future,’ Samsung is demonstrating its new Smart Home service, an integrated platform for appliances and devices that enables consumers to control their home with a single app – from the lights and air conditioning to kitchen appliances and security systems.
• The new Chef Collection of home appliances combines Samsung technology and beautiful design with the kitchen know-how and passion for food of the Michelin-starred team in Samsung’s Club des Chefs.
• The Samsung’s 12.2-inch Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablets present mobile users with an industry-leading WQXGA display, offering crystal clear resolution with more than 4 million pixels, for a best-in-class tablet experience for both content consumption and powerful productivity. The Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO line is completed by the Galaxy TabPRO 10.1-inch and 8.4-inch as well. All Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablets are running the most recent version of Android 4.4.
• The NX30 interchangeable-lens camera has an advanced 20.3 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, Tiltable Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) and exceptionally fast 1/8000 sec Shutter Speed and 9 FPS continuous shooting capability, to create high quality images with faster than ever performance.
The NX30 features NFC and Wi-Fi capabilities, including the ‘Tag and Go’ function, that lets users tap to share memories instantly and easily when paired with NFC enabled mobile devices. Furthermore, the Galaxy Camera 2 captures images quickly and beautifully with revolutionary technology for instant sharing capabilities, thanks to its 16.3 effective megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, 21x optical zoom lens, 1.6GHz Quad Core processor and the Android platform.
The Most Immersive Entertainment Experience
Samsung continues to lead the TV industry not just in terms of sales, but also as the first company to offer a broad range of UHD TVs, four of them Curved for a bold, theatrical experience. The company also showed its “Bendable TV” concept, which allows viewers to switch between a curved and flat screen at the touch of a button. With the introduction of these TVs, Samsung is fundamentally changing the way the world views TVs.
The world’s largest Curved UHD TV with a 105 inch screen pioneers a 21:9 aspect ratio and double the enhanced contrast ratio of a flat TV. Additionally, viewers can experience a 3D effect without glasses with the new Auto Depth Enhancer feature.
Samsung’s UHD TV experience is further enhanced through new proprietary technologies that provide incredible image depth, detail and color, including Pur Color technology, which expresses more detailed shades, and a UHD upscaling process that converts HD and Full HD content to near-UHD quality. Samsung’s revolutionary curved design creates the most immersive viewing experience, and allows everyone watching the TV to enjoy the best seat in the house. What is more, with Samsung’s new Instant On feature, users will no longer have to wait for their TVs to power up.
Research shows that a majority of potential TV buyers worry that they might shop at the wrong moment, just before new technology becomes available. Samsung demonstrated that it still is the only company that offers truly future-ready TVs, releasing its first “evolution kit” for UHD TVs. The evolution kit –available both for selected HD and all UHD TVs is effectively a brain transplant for the TV, to make sure it works with the latest standards and is powered by the newest technology.
Samsung’s TVs are also becoming even smarter, with a new Multi-Link feature that brings contextual multitasking to the big screen, as well as a newly designed Smart Hub. The 2014 Samsung Smart Hub includes a Games Panel, which allows users to enjoy big-screen games from leading partners such as Electronic Arts (EA) and Gameloft. Smart TV performance is further enhanced with Samsung’s upgraded Quad Core processor, QuadCore Plus, which performs at twice the speed of its predecessor.
Through its co-operation with content providers such as Amazon, Comcast, DIRECTV, M-GO and Netflix, Samsung will offer its customers an unrivalled range of UHD content. Film director Michael Bay, who joined Samsung’s CES press event, stated that the Samsung Curved UHD TV will give audiences an all-new way to enjoy movies at home. He also announced that he will exclusively release the first preview of his “Transformers 4” movie on Samsung UHD TV.
For more information, contact:
Shamrock Communications (private) Limited
The post Samsung Electronics Co Ltd launches range of category-defining products at 2014 International CES appeared first on AsiaNet-Pakistan.