Saudi Pak Leasing Company Limited’s notice of extra-ordinary general meeting
Karachi, December 10, 2012 (PPI-OT): Please find enclosed herewith a copy of the Notice of Extra-Ordinary General Meeting to be held on December 29, 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
The Register of members of the Company will remain closed from December 22, 2012 to December 29, 2012 (both days inclusive) for the purpose of Extra-Ordinary General Meeting.
Notice of the Extra-Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting of Saudi Pak Leasing Company Limited will be held on Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at the Registered Office of the Company 6th Floor Lakson Square Building No. 1, Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 22nd Annual General Meeting held on November 30, 2012.
2. To hold fresh election of Directors of the Company (as approved by the Board of Directors on December 3, 2012) for a period of three years Commencing from December 15, 2012 in accordance with the provision of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.The Board of Directors have fixed the number of Directors to be elected as Seven (7). Following are the names of the retiring Directors:
1. Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Hussain
2. Mr. Ihsanul Haq Piracha
3. Ms. Payeen A. Malik
4. Mr. Muhammad Tariq Masood
5. Mr. Arsalan Iftikhar Khan
6. Mr. Farrukh S. Ansari
7. Mr. Muhammad Farhan Malik
3. To consider any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from December 22, 2012 to December 29, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member who seeks to contest the election to the office of director shall, whether he/she is a retiring director or otherwise, file with the Company, not later than fourteen days before the date of the meeting at which elections are to be held, the following documents:
a) Notice of his/her intention to offer himself/herself for election as a director in terms of Section178 (3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. He/she should also confirm that;
He/she is not ineligible to become a director of the Company under any applicable laws and regulations (including listing regulations of the Country’s Stock Exchanges).
Neither he/she nor his/her spouse is engaged in the business of brokerage or is a sponsor, director or officer of a corporate brokerage house.
He/she is not serving as a director in more than seven listed companies simultaneously. Provided that this limit shall not include the directorship in the listed subsidiaries of a listed holding company.
b) Consent to act as director on FORM 28 under Section 184 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. A Corporation being a member may appoint as its proxy any of its official or any other person, whether a member of the company or otherwise.
4. An instrument of proxy or a Power of Attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed or a notarially certified copy’ of such Power of Attorney, in order to be valid, must be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
5. CDC account holders will have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the SECP:
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting. The shareholders registered on CDS are also requested to bring their participants I.D. numbers and account numbers in CDS.
ii) In case of Proxy, attested copies of Proxy’s CNIC or Passport Account and Participant I.D. Number, must be deposited along with the Form of Proxy with the Company.
iii) In case of Proxy for corporate members, the Board of Directors’ Resolution/Power of Attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of Meeting.
6. Members are requested to promptly notify any change of address to the Company’s Share Registrar. THK Associates (Pvt.) Ltd. Ground Floor, State Life Building No. 3, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi.
For more information, contact:
Muhammad Ali Siddiqui
Saudi Pak Leasing Company Limited
6th Floor, Lakson Square,
Building # 1, Sarwar Shaheed Road,
Saddar, Karachi- 74200, Pakistan
Ph: 111-888-999, (021) 5655181-5, 5655215-9
Fax: (021) 5210607-9