Searle Pakistan Limited’s extraordinary General Meeting of the Company for Election of Directors
Karachi: We would like to inform you that the directors of Searle Pakistan Limited (SEARL) at their meeting held on May 26, 2011 have decided to convene an extraordinary general meeting (EOGM) of the Company for election of directors. The said EOGM will be conducted on Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 05:30 p.m. at the ICMAP’s Auditorium.
The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 24-06-2011 to 30-05-2011 (both days inclusive).
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an extraordinary Genera meeting of the shareholders of Searle Pakistan Limited will be held on Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 05:30 p.m. at the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan, Hussain Shah Shaheed Road, Soldier Bazar, Karachi, to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 45th Annual General Meeting held on October 26, 2010.
2. To elect seven (7) directors of the Company as fixed by the Board in accordance with the provisions of section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance 1984 for a period of three years.
The fallowing are the retiring Directors:
1. Mr. Rahsid Abdulla
2. Mr. S. Nadeem Ahmed
3. Mr. Khalid Malik
4. Mr. Zubair Palwala
5. Mr. Munis Abdulla
6. Mr. Asad Abdulla
7. Mr. Ayaz Abdulla
8. Mr. Adnan Asdar Ali
The retiring Directors are eligible for re-election.
3. To transact any ether business with the permission of the Chair.
1) The Share Transfer Book of the Company will remain closed from 24-06-2011 to 30-06-2011 (both days inclusive).
2) A member entitled to attend, speak and vote at the extraordinary general meeting may appoint a proxy to attend, speak and vote on his/her behalf, Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the Company’s Registered Office: 1st Floor, NIC Building, Abbasi Shaheed Road, Karachi-75530 not less than 48 hours before the meeting. The proxy need not be a member of the Company.
3) Members are requested to intimate any changes in address immediately to our Registrar, Gang lees Registrar Service (Pvt.) Limited, 513, 5th Floor, Clifton Centre, Kehkashan-Block-5, Clifton, Karachei-75600.
4) In pursuance of Circular No.1. of 2000 of SECP January 26, 2000 the beneficial owners of the shares registered in the name of Central Depository (CDC) and /or their proxies are required to produce their Computerized Identity Card (CNIC) or passport for identification purpose at the time of attending the meeting. The form of proxy must be submitted with the Company within the stipulated time, duly witnessed by two persons whose names, address and CNIC numbers must be mentioned on the form, along with attested copies of the CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owner and the proxy.
In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting.
5). Any person who seeks to contest the Election of Directors of the Company shall file the following with the Company at its Registered Office: 1st Floor, NIC Building, Abbasi Shaheed Road, Karachi not later than 14 (fourteen) hours days before the day of the above said Meeting:
His/her intention to offer himself/herself for Election of Dirctors in terms of section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, together with:
a) Consent on form-28 as prescribed by the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
b) A declaration with consent to act as Directors as prescribed vide clause (ii) of the code of Corporate Governance (“the Code”) of the SECP confirming his/her awareness of duties and powers of the Directors under the Ordinance, listing regulation of the Stock Exchange and the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company.
c) A declaration in accordance with clause (iii) and (iv) of the Code besides declaring that he/she is not eligible to become a Director of the Company under any circular or directive of SECP.
For more information, contact:
Director and Company Secretary
Searle Pakistan Limited
First Floor, N. I. C. Building
Abbasi Shaheed Road,
P.O. Box: 5696. Karachi-75530
Tel: +9221 35674321 (8 lines)
Telegram: SEARIN Karachi
Fax: +9221 35887693