Shifa International Hospital Limited’s notice of annual general meeting
Karachi: Please find enclosed a copy of the Notice of the 25th Annual General Meeting to be held on October 08, 2011 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of the 25th Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 25th Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Shifa International Hospital Limited will be held at the registered office of the Company at Sector H-8/4, Islamabad on Saturday, October 08, 2011 at 1100 hours to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 24th Annual General Meeting of the Company held on October 07, 2010.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the audited accounts of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the directors’ and auditors’ report thereon.
3. To approve the payment of final cash dividend @ 15% (i.e. Rs.1.50 per share) for the year ended June 30, 2011 as recommended by the directors. This is in addition to the interim cash dividend of Rs. 1.50 per share (15%) already paid during the year.
4. To appoint auditors for the year ending June 30, 2012 and to fix their remuneration. The retiring auditors M/s M. Yousuf Adil Saleem and Co, Chartered Accountants, did not offer themselves for reappointment for the year ending June 30, 2012. The board on the suggestion of Audit Committee recommends the appointment of M/s Anjum Asim Shahid Rahman, Chartered Accountants, as the auditors of the Company for the year ending June 30, 2012.
5. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
i) The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from October 01, 2011 to October 08, 2011 (both days inclusive). No transfer will be accepted for registration during this period. Transfers received in order at the share registrar’s office of the company i.e. M/s Corplink (Pvt.) Limited situated at Wings Arcade, 1-K, Commercial, Model Town, Lahore at the close of business on Friday, September 30, 2011 will be considered in time for the purpose of payment of dividend to the transferees.
ii) A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote for him/her. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the registered office of the Company at Sector H-814, Islamabad, not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting. Proxy form is attached.
iii) Members are requested to notify any change in their registered addresses immediately.
iv) CDC Shareholders entitled to attend and vote at this meeting must bring their original CNIC or Passport along with the participant’s ID numbers and account numbers to prove their identity. In case of proxy, the attested copy of CNIC or passport of the CDC shareholder must be enclosed. Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual documents required for such purpose.
For more information, contact:
Shifa International Hospital Limited
Sector H-8/4, Islamabad – Pakistan