Siddiqsons Tin Plate Limited’s notice of extra-ordinary general meeting
Karachi: Reference to the captioned subject, we are enclosing herewith a copy of the Notice of Extra- ordinary General Meeting (EOGM) to be held on Saturday, December 31, 2011 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the members of Siddiqsons Tin Plate Limited will be held on Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. at Pavilion End Club, Adjacent to Aladin Amusement Park, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Block -10, main Rashid Minhas Road, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 16th Annual General Meeting held on October 20, 2011
2. To elect seven (7) Directors as fixed by the board of directors under section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for the period of three (3) years. The following retiring Directors shall be eligible to offer themselves for re-election.
1. Mr. Abdullah Rafi
2. Mr. S. Waliullah Shah
3. Mr. Tariq Rafi
4. Mr. Ibrahim Shamsi
5. Mr. Sanaullah Abdullah
6. Mr. Satoru Oki
7. Mr. Jean Pierre Gugenheim
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The shares transfer books of the Company will remain close from 26-12-2011 to 31-12 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. Any member who seeks to contest the election of Director shall file with the Company not later than 14 days before the date of meeting, a notice of his/hex intention to offer himself/herself fox election as director in term of Section 178 (3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 along with relevant declarations as required under the Code of Corporate Governance.
3. Any member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote. A corporate entity being a member may appoint as its proxy any of its official or any other person whether a member of the Company or otherwise. Proxies, in order to be valid, must be deposited at Company’ Share Registrar not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
4. Members, who have deposited their shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan (CDC), ate requested to bring their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) along with CDC Participant ID and Account number for identification purpose. In case of Proxy, attested copies of proxy’s CNIC, Account and Participant’s ID. Number must be deposited along with the Form of Proxy of with Company’s Share Registrar as per paragraph No. 3 above. In case of Proxy for corporate members, the Board of Directors’ Resolution/Power of Attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting (unless it has been provided earlier).
5. Members are requested to notify change in their address, if any, to Company’s Share Registrar M/s. THK Associates (Pvt.) Limited, Ground Floor, State Life Building # 3, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi.
For more information, contact:
Siddiqsons Tin Plate Limited
D-53, Textile Avenue, S.I.T.E
Fax: (92-21) 32572839, 32569591