Silkbank Limited’s notice of extraordinary general meeting
Karachi: Please refer to your letter No.C-995-4341 dated July 11, 2011 in respect of approval for holding of Extraordinary General Meeting of the shareholders of Silkbank Limited (SILK) on August 10, 2011 at Hotel Beach Luxury, Karachi. In this connection, enclosed please find Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting of the Bank which will be published in Urdu and English newspapers and the same will dispatched to all shareholders on July 18, 2011.
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice of hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of Silkbank Limited (the Bank) will be held on August 10, 2011 at 11:30 a.m. at Beach Luxury Hotel Karachi to transact the following business.
1. To confirm the minutes of 17th Annual General Meeting held on March 30, 2011.
2. To elect nine (9) Directors of the Bank in accordance with section 178 of the Companies Ordinance 1984, for the term of three years commencing from August 10, 2011. The retiring directors are:
1. Mr. Munnawar hamid – OBE
2. Mr. Arshad Ghafur
3. Mr. Azmat Tarin
4. Mr. Humayun Basher
5. Mr. Javed Hamid
6. Mr. Sadaq Sayeed
7. Mr. Tariq Iqbal Khan
3. To transact any other business as may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chair.
By Order of the Board
1. The Share Transfer Book of Silkbank Limited will remain closed from August 03, 2011 to August 10, 2011 (both days inclusive), share Transfers received at M/s Noble Computer Services (Pvt.) Limited, the Registrar Office, Mezzanine Floor, House of Habib Building (SiddiqSons Towers), 3 Jinnah Cooperated Housing Society, Main Sharah-e-Faisal, Karachi-75350 at the close of business hours on August 2, 2011 will be treated as being in time for the purpose of election directors.
2. In accordance with section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 the number of directors to be elected has been fixed as 9 (nine) by the Board of Directors of the Bank.
3. In terms of section 178 (3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, any person who seek to contest election to the office of a director, whether he is a retiring director or otherwise, shall file with the Bank not later than fourteen (14) days before the date of this meeting a notice of his intention to offer himself for election as a director.
4. In terms of the State Bank of Pakistan (the ’SBP”) BPRD Circular No.4 of 2007 dated 23 April 2007 on Fit and Proper Test (FPT), appointment of the directors require prior clearance in writing from the State Bank of Pakistan and all request for seeking approval of SBP for appointment of directors of the Bank should be routed through the Bank along with information as per performs “Fit and Proper Test” given in above circular.
The copies of the pro forma and other documents complete in all respects must be submitted to the Bank not later than fourteen (14) days before the date of this meeting for submission to the SBP.
5. Any person who seeks to contest the election of the office of a director, whether he is a retiring director or otherwise, shall undertaken and confirm to the Bank that such person fulfils all the requirements and criteria for being elected to the office of a director of the Bank and that such person does not violate any of the provisions or conditions prescribed by SBP for holding such office and further that such person shall fully comply with all the SBP directives issued or to be issued by the SBP in the form of circulars, notification s, directions, letters, instructions, and other orders.
6. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Extra Ordinary General Meetings is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. A corporation being a member may appoint as its proxy any of its official or any other person whether a member of the Bank or not.
7. The instrument of Proxy and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, or a notarized copy of that power of attorney or authority in order to be effective must be deposited at the Registration Office not less than 48 hours before the time for holding the Meeting.
8. Members are requested to immediately notify the change, if any, in their registered address to Bank’s Registrar and share Registration Office.
9. CDC account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guideline as laid down by the Circular No. 1, dated January 26, 2000, issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
For attending of Meeting:
i. In case of individuals, the Account holders and /or Sub-account holder whose registration details are uploaded as per the CDC regulations, shall authenticate his/her by showing his/her original CNIC or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors/resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (Unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
For Appointing of Proxies:
i. In case of individuals, the Account holders and /or Sub-account holder whose registration details are uploaded as per the CDC regulations, shall submit the proxy as per above requirements.
ii. The proxy shall be witnessed by the two persons whose name, addresses and CNIC shall be mentioned on the proxy.
iii. Attested copy of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy.
iv. The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or passport at the time of the meeting.
v. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (Unless it has been provided earlier) alongwith proxy of the Bank.
For more information, contact:
I.I. Chundrigar Road,
Karachi – Pakistan