Special Security Arrangements in Supreme Court Building On 19.01.2012
Islamabad: A seven member Bench headed by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk will hear NRO Implementation Case on 19.01.2012 (Thursday). For proper Court decorum and smooth functioning of the Supreme Court, security measures have been taken to beef up the security on Thursday the 19th January, 2012 in the premises of Supreme Court for which following steps have been taken:-
1. Special security cameras have been installed in the Court rooms as well as Public entry gates and reception areas of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
2. In view of the limited seating capacity in the Court Room No. IV, the entry is to be regulated through special security passes in order to allow access to all the relevant persons in order of priority. Passes will be issued to the parties to the case and their learned counsels appearing before the Court on top priority.
3. The entry of the journalists who regularly cover Supreme Court proceedings will also be made through passes.
4. As regards others, due to paucity of seating, only few senior lawyers and members of the general public may be issued passes as per seating capacity on “first-come-first-serve-basis”.
5. The passes will be issued by the office of Additional Registrar, Supreme Court.
6. Entry into Court building will be allowed after checking/frisking and searching of bags/purses etc. No Cell phone is allowed to be carried inside the Courtroom.
We expect all concerned to follow the instructions and cooperate with the security staff on duty in the Court premises. The security personnel have also been directed to deal with the visitors with utmost courtesy.
For more information, contact:
Shahid Hussain Kamboyo
Public Relations Officer
Supreme Court of Pakistan
Tel: +9251 920 4184
Fax: +9251 920 1001