Tariq Glass Industries Limited’s notice for the extra ordinary general meeting
Karachi: We enclose herewith the Notice for the Extra Ordinary General Meeting to be held on Monday the August 29, 2011 at Defence Services Officers’ Mess, 71-Tufail Road, Lahore Cantt for the purpose of Election of Directors of the Company.
This is notice will also be published in press on August 06, 2011.
Notice is hereby given that the Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the members of the Company will be held on Monday, the August 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM at the Defence Officer’s Mess, 71 Tufail Road Lahore Cantt to transact the following business:
1. To conform the minutes of the 32nd Annual General Meeting of the members held on August 31, 2010.
2. To elect directors of the Company in accordance with the Provisions of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a period of three years from September 03, 2011. The number of elected Directors of the Company fixed by the Board of Directors in their meeting held on July 28, 2011 is SEVEN. The following are the retiring Directors.
i) Mr. Tariq Baig
ii) Mr. Omer Baig
iii) Mrs. Naima Tariq
iv) Mr. Mansoor Irfani
v) Mr. Akber Baig
vi) Mr.David Julian
vii) Mr. Syed Tufail Hussain
Mr. Mujahid Eshai, the Nominee Director being not subject to election will continue as nomine director.
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chairman.
1. The Register of Members and Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from August 23, 2011 to August 29, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in order at the office of our Share Registrar M/s Shemas International Pvt. Limited, Suit #31, 2nd Floor, Sadiq Plaza, 69-Shahra-e-Quaid-e-Azam (The Mall), Lahore at the close of business hours on Monday the August 22, 2011 will be treated in time for the purpose of transfer of shares.
2. A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote. Votes may be given personally or by proxy or by Attorney or in case of corporation by representative. The instrument of proxy duly executed should be lodged at the Registered office of the Company not letter than 48 hours before the time of meeting.
3. Members, who have deposited their shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, are advised to bring their ORIGINAL Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) along with CDC Participant ID and Account Number at the meeting venue.
4. Any member who seeks to contest the election to the office of the Director shall file with the Company at its registered office not later than 14 days before date of meeting his/her intention to offer himself/ herself for election of the Directors in terms of Section 178 (3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 together with:
a) Consent on Form 28
b) A declaration with consent to act as director in the prescribed from under Clause (ii) of the Code of Corporate Governance
c) A declaration in terms of clause (iii) and (iv) of the Code of Corporate Governance
5. The members are requested to notify the Company of the change in their address, if any.
For more information, contact:
Tariq Glass Industries Limited
128-J Model Town, Lahore, Pakistan
Tel: (042) 111 343434
Fax: (042) 3565 7692