The Critical Hydrogen Fuel Cell Accessory – ICAP Patent Brokerage Announces Sale of Patented Advanced Hydrogen Sensor Technology
CHICAGO, May 3, 2011 /PRNewswire-AsiaNet/ –
CAP Patent Brokerage (http://www.icappatentbrokerage.com/), the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP plc and the world’s premier patent auction firm announces the sale of a patent portfolio featuring advanced hydrogen sensor technology.
As hydrogen fuel cells become part of America’s new energy infrastructure, the need for related technology – such as hydrogen sensors – will grow accordingly. In addition, Hydrogen (H2) gas is widely used for various applications in laboratories as well as industrial and manufacturing set-ups. Since hydrogen is highly inflammable, its detection is of high importance for safety and security purposes.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
Patents in this portfolio disclose the following:
– Metal-alloy nanoparticles (palladium and silver) are key to sensor technology. ANI’s manufacturing techniques enable the generation of nanoparticles in any desired size or arrangement.
– A working prototype. This ready-to-market portfolio can readily equip the buyer with the knowledge to immediately begin manufacturing and commercializing the products and services suitable for present and future applications.
– A technology-transfer platform. Access the knowledge and technical know-how of the ANI engineering team. The ANI team will also impart training sessions on various manufacturing and marketing/sales techniques to facilitate smooth transfer of the technology to the buyer.
– Superior performance. Easy detection of variable concentrations (below LFL) of hydrogen gas using same nanoparticle sensor. Overcomes the limitations of specific temperature and environmental conditions for hydrogen detection. Sensors which can detect hydrogen gas over a wide range of temperature and environmental conditions.
– Superior manufacturing process. These disclosed nanoparticles fabrication techniques save effort, time, and cost for the manufacturers, and simultaneously enable producing low-cost, compact, durable, and easily maintainable hydrogen sensors.
– The patents and the patent applications of this portfolio cover various jurisdictions including the US, Canada, Europe, China, Japan, and South Korea.
The hydrogen sensor market is rapidly evolving and it is the most opportune time for a buyer to acquire a patent portfolio. This portfolio should be of interest to companies active in various sectors, such as oil and gas, automobile and transportation, petrochemicals, power transformers, food processing, micro-chips (including MEMS) manufacturing, aviation, and medical diagnostics.
– Globally, the overall sensor market is estimated to reach $91.5 billion, while the chemical and biosensor market is estimated to be worth $21 billion by 2016.(1)
– The US hydrogen sensor market was expected to reach $1.6 billion in 2010.(2)
– With the advent of hydrogen (e.g., hydrogen fuel cells) powered automotive cars, an investment of $200 billion would be required to cater to the US automotive market alone.(3)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Kevin Fiur of ICAP Patent Brokerage at Kevin.Fiur@us.icap.com or +1-(512) 547-8311.
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage (http://www.icappatentbrokerage.com/)is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world’s premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world’s premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to http://www.icap.com.
SOURCE: ICAP Patent Brokerage
CONTACT: Cali Munoz