The General Tyre and Rubber Company of Pakistan Limited’s extraordinary general meeting
Karachi: Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of The General Tyre and Rubber Company of Pakistan Limited will be held at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan Auditorium, Clifton, Karachi on Thursday, August 18th, 2011 at 11.00 a.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 47th Annual General Meeting held on September 29, 2010.
2. To elect (9) Nine Directors of the Company, as fixed by the Board under the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, for a term of three years commencing from August 23rd, 2011. The retiring Directors are:
1) Lt. Gen (Retd.) Ali Kuli Khan Khattak
2) Mr. Ahmad Kuli Khan Khattak
3) Mr. Ikram-ul- Majeed Sehgal
4) Mr. Manzoor Ahmed
5) Mr. Mazhar Sharif
6) Mr. M.A. Faisal Khan
7) Mr. Muhammad Aurangzeb Amin
Mr. Nabil Daudur Rahman
9) Mr. Raza Kuli Khan Khattak
10) Syed Zubair Ahmed Shah
11) Mr. Umer Latif
12) Dr. Willi Flamm
3. To transact any other business with permission of the Chair.
1. The Directors of the Company under Section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (the “Ordinance”) have fixed the number of elected Directors at (9) Nine.
2. Any person, who seeks to contest the election of the office of Director shall, whether he/she is a retiring Director of otherwise:
a) File with the Company at its Registered Office situated at H-23/2, Landhi Industrial Trading Estate, Landhi, Karachi, not later than fourteen days before the date of meeting, his/her intention to offer himself/ herself for the election of Director together with Consent on Form-28, as prescribed by the Ordinance.
b) File a declaration to the effect that he/she is aware of the duties and powers of Director under the relevant laws, the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company and the Listing Regulations of the Stock Exchange in Pakistan and that he/ she meets the requirement of appointment as Director under the Code of Corporate Governance of SECP.
3. The share transfer books of the Company shall remain closed from August 7th, 2011 to August 18th, 2011 (both days inclusive).
4. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting is entitled to cast his/her vote by proxy. Proxies must be deposited at the Company’s Registered Office at H-23/2, Landhi Industrial Trading Estate, Landhi, Karachi not later than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting.
5. Individual beneficial owners of CDC entitled to attend and vote at this meeting must bring his/her participant ID and account / sub-account number along with original CNIC or passport to authenticate his/her identity. In case of Corporate entity, resolution of the Board of Directors/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominees shall be produced (unless provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
6. For appointing proxies, the individual beneficial Owners of CDC shall submit the proxy form as per above requirement along with participant ID and account / sub-account number together with attested copy of their CNIC or passport. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two witnesses with their names, addresses and NIC numbers. The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or passport at the time of meeting. In case of Corporate entity, resolution of the Board of Directors/ power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless submitted earlier) along with the proxy form.
7. Members are requested to notify change in their address, if any, immediately.
For more information, contact:
The General Tyre and Rubber Company of Pakistan Limited
H-23/2, Landhi Industrial Trading Estate,
Tel: +9221 35080172-81
Fax: +9221 35080181