The Karachi Stock Exchange (Guarantee) Limited’s notice of Annual Extraordinary General Meeting
Karachi: Notice is hereby given to all the members of M/S. United Brands Limited that the Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company will be held on Friday, June 24, 2011 at 05:00 pm at Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan, City Campus Plot 36/4, Hussain Shah Shaheed Road, Off: MA. Jinnah Road, Soldier Bazar, Karachi to transact the following business:
i. To confirm the minutes of the Last Extraordinary General Meeting held on May20, 2011.
2. To elect Seven (7) Directors, as fixed by the Board of Directors, pursuant to Section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, for a period of three years.
The following retiring Directors shall be eligible to offer themselves for re-election.
* Mr. Asad Abdulla
* Mr. Zubair Razzak Palwala
* Mr. Ayaz Abdulla
* Syed Nadeem Ahmed
* Mr. Faisal Abdulla
* Mr. Rashid Abdulla
* Mr. Mohammad Azhar Aqil
Any person who seeks to contest the election to the office of the director shall, whether he/she is retiring or otherwise, tile with the Company not later than 14 (fourteen) days before the date of the meeting a notice of his / her intention to offer himself / herself for election as director together with his / her consent as required under Section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The consent should accompany the relevant declaration as required under the “Code of Corporate Governance’.
3. To transact any other business that may be brought forward with the permission of the chair.
(1)The share transfer book of the Company will remain closed from June 18, 2011 to June 24, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfers (if any) should be received at the office of our Registrars Messrs. Gangjees Registrar Services (Pvt) Limited, Room No. 516, 5th Floor, Clifton Center, Khayaban-e-Roomi, Block-5, Clifton, Karachi – 75600, latest by the close of business on June 17, 2011.
(2) A Member entitled to attend and vote at the General Meeting of Members is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his / her behalf. A proxy need not be a Member of the Company.
(3)The instrument appointing a proxy and the power of attorney or other authority under which it is signed or a notarially certified of the power of attorney must be deposited at the registered office of the Company at least 48 hours before the time of the meeting. A form of proxy is enclosed. Shareholders are requested to notify any change of address immediately.
(4) CDC Shareholders and their Proxies are each requested to attach an attested photocopy of their CNIC or Passport with the proxy form before submission to the Company (Original CNIC / Passport is required to be produced at the time of the meeting).
(5) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominees shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
(6) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
(7)The proxy shall produce his I her original CNIC or original passport at the time of meeting.
(8) Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards to the Company, are requested to send the same at the earliest.
For more information, contact
Karachi Stock Exchange
Tel: +9221 111-001122
Fax: +9221 3241 0825, +9221 3241 5136
Email: [email protected]