The Karachi Stock Exchange (Guarantee) Limited’s visit of chairman SECP to Karachi Stock Exchange
Karachi, July 05, 2012 (PPI-OT): Members are hereby informed that on the Invitation of KSE Management, the Chairman SECP has agreed that he along with his team shall meet the officials of the Exchange and Members of The Governing Board of Directors on Thursday, July 12, 2012 to discuss and deliberate all matters of mutual interest for the development of capital market and some market related pending issues that need discussion for their resolution.
The SECP on its part has sent a list of agenda items for discussion in the said meeting, the same is enclosed herewith for Members information and comments (preferably in writing), if any, (Enclosed as Annexure – A).
Members are further requested to please provide to the Exchange their views and feedback on any other issue /areas of concern that they feel should be discussed with SECP in the said meeting, latest by Monday July 9, 2012.
Agenda for Discussions
01. Why are market volumes still dry: How to revive MTS and how to ensure a successful SLB product.
02. NCCPL to function as a Central Counter Party (Establishment of Settlement Guarantee Fund and Shifting of RMS).
03. Development of Derivative Segment.
04. Development of Debt Market.
05. Establishment of a Bond Pricing Agency.
06. Revised Regulatory Regime for Credit Rating Agency.
07. Enhancement of per default contribution from IPF.
08. SME Counter/Exchange.
09. Inter Exchange Trades.
10. Establishment of Securities Investor Protection Corporation.
11. Investor protection (Trade confirmations by stock exchanges).
12. Activation of ETFs and Options.
13. Introduction of Islamic Products and Shariah-Compliant Investment Alternatives.
14. Utilization of CHPF for Intra-day Margins.
15. Strengthening of surveillance capacity of the stock exchanges and Introduction of SPAN Margins.
16. Implementation of the Investor Education Plan.
17. Image building.
18. Integration of Stock Exchanges/Demutualization Matters.
19. Implementation of effective Inspection Plan.
20. Broker to broker trading on the same Exchange.
21. Back Office Software.
22. Internet Software to be provided by KSE to its members
For more information, contact:
Karachi Stock Exchange
Tel: (92-21) 111-001122
Fax: (92-21) 3241 0825, (92-21) 3241 5136