The Lafarge Pakistan Cement Limited’s notice of extraordinarily general meeting
Karachi, December 24, 2012 (PPI-OT): Please find enclosed a copy of the Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on January 14, 2013 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extraordinarily General Meeting
Notice is hereby given to the members that an Extraordinary General Meeting of shareholders of Lafarge Pakistan Cement Limited will be held on Monday, January 14, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. at Marriott Hotel, Islamabad to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of Extraordinary General Meeting held on September 24, 2012.
2. To elect seven directors, as fixed by the Board of Directors, for a term of three years, in accordance with Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The names of the retiring directors are:
1. Mr. Ahmad Said Heshmat Hassan
2. Maj. Gen. (R) Rehmat Khan
3. Mr. Amr Ali Reda
4. Mr. Bilal Hamid Javaid
5. Mr. Fabrizio Angelo Olivares
6. Mrs. Amal Tantawi
7. Mr. Shahid Anwar (Nominee NIT)
3. To transact any other business which may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chair.
1. The share transfer books of the Company shall remain closed from January 7, 2013 to January 14, 2013 (both days inclusive).
2. Any member who seeks to contest the election to the office of directors should file a notice of his intention to offer himself for election as a Director along with written consent with the Company, not later than 14 days before the date of the meeting at which elections are to be held. The consent should accompany the relevant declarations as required under the “Code of Corporate Governance”.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend the meeting and vote instead of him/her. Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the Company not later than 48 hours before the meeting.
4. The CDC shareholders entitled to attend and vote at this meeting shall produce his/her original CNIC or passport to prove his/her identity. Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual documents required for such purpose. The members are requested to follow the guidelines as laid down in Circular No. 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
5. Shareholders are requested to immediately notify M/s Noble Computer Services (Pvt.) Limited, the Share Registrar of the Company, of change in their address, if any.
6. Members who have not yet submitted a photocopy of their computerized National Identity Card to the Company/ Registrar are requested to send the same at the earliest to the Share Registrar.
For more information, contact:
Lafarge Pakistan Cement Limited
18-B, Kaghan Road,
F-8, Markaz, Islamabad – Pakistan
UAN: +92-51-111 111 722
Fax: +92-51-281 7300