Wah Nobel Chemicals Limited’s notice of extra ordinary general meeting/ book closure schedule
Karachi, May 09, 2013 (PPI-OT): We are forwarding herewith a copy of Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Company scheduled to be held on May 30, 2013 for election of Directors of the next term of 3 years commencing from June 01, 2013.
To determine voting rights of members, Register of members of the Company will remain closed from May 24, 2013 to May 30, 2013 (both days inclusive).
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the shareholders of Wah Nobel Chemicals Limited will be held on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 11.00 Hours at registered office of the Company situated at G.T. Road Wah Cantt to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the annual general meeting held on October 31, 2012.
2. To elect seven (7) Directors of the Company as fixed by the Board of Directors in accordance with the provision of Section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, for a term of three (3) years commencing from June 01, 2013 in place of the following retiring Directors who are eligible for re-election:
1. Lt. Gen. Muhammad Ahsan Mahmood HI(M)
2. Mr. Tarbjorn Saxmo
3. Mr. Feroze Khan Malik
4. Mr. Muhammad Nawaz Tishna
5. Mr. Riaz Ahmad
6. Mr. Muhammad Asif
7. Mr. Muhammad Rizwan
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from May 24, 2013 to May 30, 213 (both days inclusive) to determine the names of the members entitled to attend the meeting and vote. Transfers received in order by our Shares Registrar. M/s. Ilyas Saeed Associates (Pvt) Ltd, Office No.26, 2nd Floor, Rose Plaza, I-8 Markaz, Islamabad by the close of business on May 23, 2013 will be considered in time to attend and vote at the meeting.
2. Any person who seeks to contest on election to the office of director shall, whether he is retiring director or otherwise, file with the Company following documents at its registered office not later than fourteen days before the date of the above said meeting.
(a) Notice of his/ her intention to offer himself/ herself for election as a director:
(b) Consent to act as director in Form-28 under section 184 of the Companies Ordinance 1984.
(c) A detailed profile along with his/her office address as required under SECP’s SRO 25(1) 2012 dated January 16, 2012:
(d) A declaration confirming that:
He/she is not ineligible to become a director of the Company under any applicable laws and regulations (including listing regulations of the stock exchanges).
He/she is not serving as a director of more than seven listed companies simultaneously. Provided that this limit shall not include the directorship in the listed subsidiaries of a listed holding company.
Neither he/ she nor his/ her spouse is engaged in the business of brokerage or is a sponsor director or officer of a corporate brokerage house.
He/she is registered as tax payer and give his/her National Tax No.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Extra Ordinary General Meeting may appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote instead of him/ her. Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the Company, duly completed, signed and stamped, not later than 48 hours before the time appointed for the meeting.
4. CDC Account Holders are advised to bring their original National Identity Cards to authenticate their identity along with CDC account numbers at the meeting. However, if any proxies are granted by such shareholders, the same shall also have to be accompanied with attested copies of the National Identity Card of the grantor, and the signature on the proxy form has to be the same as appearing on the National Identity Card.
5. Shareholders are requested to notify any change of address immediately to the Shares Registrar.
6. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their valid computerized national identity cards to the Company are requested to send the same to our Shares Registrar at the earliest.
7. Form of proxy has been sent to shareholders with this notice. It can also be downloaded from Company’s website www.wahnobel.com/wnc.htm.
For more information, contact:
Wah Nobel Chemicals Limited
G.T. Khan Road, Wah Cantt, Pakistan
Tel: +92-51-5568760, +92-596-9314101-21
Fax: +92-596-535862 & 545241