ZIL Limited’s notice of extraordinary general meeting
Karachi, June 05, 2013 (PPI-OT): Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on Monday, June 28, 2013 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the shareholders of the Company will be held on Friday, June 28, 2013 at 09:30 hours at The Royal Rodale, Plot No.TC-V, 34th Street, Khayaban-e-Sehar, Phase-V (Extension), DHA, Karachi, Pakistan to transact the Following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on April 23, 2013.
2. To elect Directors of the Company for a period of three years commencing from July 01,2013 to June 30,2016, as stipulated vide Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance 1984, in that:-
a. Pursuant to Section 178(1) and (2) (a) of the Companies Ordinance 1984, the Board of Directors though a Resolution passed in their meeting held on April 24, 2013 have fixed the number of Directors as 7 (Seven).
b. Pursuant to Section 178 (2) (b) of the Companies Ordinance 1984, the names of retiring Directors are Mrs. Feriel Ali Mehdi, Mr. Mujahid Hamid, Syed Yawar Ali, Mr. Shahid Nazir Ahmed, Mr. Omer Ehtisham, Mr. Zafar Ahmed Siddiqui, Mr. Nessar Ahmed (Nominee NIT), Mr. Amir Zia (Nominee Treet Corporation Ltd).
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. As required under section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance 1984, any person who seeks to contest the election to the office of Director shall, whether he/she is a retiring Director or otherwise, should file with the company at its registered office, not later than 14 (fourteen) days before the date of the meeting at which elections are to be held, a notice of his/her intention to offer himself/ herself for election as a director along with his consent in the prescribed form (Form-28) and a declaration to the effect required under the code of corporate governance. Provided that any such person may, at any time before the holding of election, withdraw such notice.
2. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from June 22, 2013 to June 28, 2013 (both days inclusive).
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the general meeting is entitled to appoint another person as proxy to attend and vote in his/ her place, in the case of company, by a representative duly authorized.
4. The instrument appointing a proxy must be received at the registered office of the Company not less than forty-eight hours before the time of the meeting.
5. Members are requested to submit copy of their CNIC and notify and change in their addresses, immediately to the Share Registrars of the Company, M/s THK Associates (Pvt) Ltd. Ground Floor, State Life Building-3, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi 75530.
6. CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the guidelines as laid down by the Securities Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
For more information, contact:
12th Floor, Executive Tower,
Dolmen City, Marine Drive,
Block-IV, Clifton, Karachi-Pakistan